- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex (LGBT) rights (3)
- Sexuality (3)
- Gender discrimination (1)
- Indigenous women (1)
- Human rights (1)
- Leadership and political participation (1)
- Gender, culture and society (1)
- Gender equality and women’s empowerment (1)
- Political empowerment (1)
- Harmful practices (1)
Thursday, May 16, 2019
On the International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia UN Women calls to change the social norms that lead to the exclusion of LGBTI people that keep them living in the shadows and rupture their ties with their families and communities.
Friday, April 27, 2018
Sandra Moran is Guatemala’s first openly lesbian member of the Congress. She organized the country’s first lesbian group in 1995, and was elected in 2015. She is well-known for her vocal support for women’s rights, indigenous women’s rights and LGBT rights in Guatemala.
Thursday, October 1, 2015
On 29 September 2015, 12 UN entities released an unprecedented joint statement calling for an end to violence and discrimination against lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex people.