Call for Proposals for a Regional Civil Society Assessment on the Progress and Challenges in Implementation of the Beijing Platform for Action in Latin America and the Caribbean
Deadline: June 21st
Date: Friday, May 24, 2019
UN Women’s Regional Office for the Americas and the Caribbean is offering a call for proposals from civil society organizations in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) to assess the progress, setbacks and challenges in implementation of the Beijing Platform for Actionin this region, based upon the perspectives of diverse civil society actors across the region, on the occasion of the Beijing+25 assessment to take place at the sixty-fourth session of the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW 64) in March 2020. Civil society organizations must represent national and/or local networks of women and gender advocates and have regional representation, outreach and/or presence/membership. The main objective of the call is to support a civil society regional assessment of the progress and challenges encountered in Latin America and the Caribbean in the implementation of the Beijing Platform for Action.This complements the ongoing inter-governmental review process and contributes to debates on priorities for the region to accelerate progress towards the fulfillment of the Platform and to assess how the implementation of the Beijing Platform for Action contributes to the gender-responsive implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Who can Apply?
- Civil society women and/or gender equality advocacy organizations and/or networks with presence and/or representation at the regional level in Latin America and the Caribbean;
- Preferably with previous experience in similar global/regional assessment processes (e.g. Beijing+5/+10/+15/+20, Cairo+5/+10/+15/+20, MDGs, etc);
- Must represent/reflect the geographic diversity of civil society in Latin American and the Caribbean and different interest groups including including human rights defenders, youth, rural women, indigenous women, afro descendent women, women living with disabilities, women living with HIV-Aids, migrant women, old women, LGBTI, etc;
- Must have expertise in two or more areas of concern of the Beijing Platform for Action.
The call is open between May 27th and June 21st of 2019, with closing at 23:00.
The responsible party will comply with all the products and results described in the Terms of Reference.
The call consists of the following sections and annexes:
• Component 1: Organizational background and capacity to implement activities to achieve planned results
• Component 2: Expected results and indicators
• Component 3: Description of the technical approach and activities
• Component 4: Implementation Plan
• Component 5: Risks to successful implementation
• Component 6: Results-Based Budget
Download sections here
The proponent must carefully review the information of the 6 components and integrate an application that contains the following filled-in annexes:
Deadline: June 21st. Incomplete proposals can’t be considered.