- Gender equality and women’s empowerment (18)
- Economic empowerment (7)
- Ending violence against women and girls (7)
- Communications and media (6)
- Governance and national planning (6)
- Leadership and political participation (2)
- Gender, culture and society (2)
- Indigenous women (1)
- Macroeconomic policies (1)
- Human rights (1)
- Local development (1)
- Show more Hide
Friday, June 26, 2020
The economic crisis caused by COVID-19 has affected millions of women around the world, especially those who are self-employed.
Monday, March 5, 2018
Gloria Zapattini. Photo: UN Women Gloria Zapattini never gets tired of speaking out to end violence against women. A survivor of violence herself and member of a women’s group in Paraguay, “Yo te creo” (I believe you), she participated in the consultations for drafting the new national law that protects women from all forms of violence (Act 5777). With this new law, Paraguay becomes the 18th country in Latin America and the Caribbean region to criminalize...
Friday, April 15, 2016
UN Women will provide support to the Permanent Commission on Gender and Access to Justice through knowledge sharing and training as well as specialized discussion sessions on the importance of gender equality, access to justice and other issues.