IV Global Forum
“Business for Gender Equality: The Future of Work in the 2030 Agenda”
Date: Wednesday, January 31, 2018
Panel 1 Methodology: Gender Challenges: Private sector and Agenda 2030.
The Third Forum will be an important opportunity to identify, share and promote ideas, experiences and innovative initiatives on gender equality and the private sector. For this reason, we ask panelists to structure their interventions in such a way that it stimulates dialogue, shares critical experiences and generates broader reflections. Given the number of panelists, it is extremely important that panelists adhere to the time allocated to ensure sufficient space for dialogue and engagement with the audience.
Date/Time: Feb 27th / 10:50 a.m.
Location: Main Auditorium
• Conducted under a DAVOS PANEL methodology, this panel will start with initial introductory overarching questions which each panelist will address and then the moderator will follow up with specific questions, which are listed below.
• Panelists will have 3 minutes to answer the initial question.
• The moderator will then ask several specific follow-up questions. Please try to keep answers to these follow-up questions under 1 minute.
Thanks to rapid changes in genetics, robotics, artificial intelligence, biotechnology and the rise of the sharing economy, many occupations will disappear within the next 30 years, required skills for employees will shift dramatically, and industries will transform and emerge. This session explores the implications of these trends for the workforce and how they will impact equality between men and women in the labour market.
• Luis Ernesto Carles, Minister of Labour, Republic of Panama (TBC)
• Selim Jahan, Director of the UNDP Human Development Report Office and lead author of the UNDP Human Development Report
• Montserrat Mir, Confederal Secretary, European Trade Union Confederation (ETUC) and Representative International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC)
• Long Chen, Chief Strategy Officer, Ant Financial Services Group, China (TBC)
• Trish Gyorey, Partner, McKinsey & Company
Moderator: Jessica Faieta, UN Assistant Secretary-General and UNDP Director for Latin America and the Caribbean
Register here is you are aspeaker, participant or press.
Register here is you offer a solution to accelerate gender equality.
If you have any questions please contact: